|In the Remains of Summer|
Natsu no Nagori ni
Clannad ~After Story~, Episode 15
Akio praying for Nagisa's health.
|Air date (Japan)||22 January 2009|
A New Family
|List of Clannad ~After Story~ episodes|
In the Remains of Summer (夏の名残に, Natsu no Nagori ni) is the fifteenth episode of Clannad ~After Story~. It was first broadcast in Japan on 22 January 2009.
Nagisa becomes increasingly bedridden due to morning sickness. Nagisa wants to give birth at home, so Sanae introduces Yagi, a midwife who is to assist in the delivery. Sanae later tells Tomoya that giving birth will be difficult because of Nagisa's weak physique and may even put Nagisa's life in danger, so they might have to choose abortion. However, Sanae leaves the choice up to Tomoya and Nagisa. Nagisa learns of her mother's worries, but she decides to go through with the birth. Akio takes Tomoya to a meadow and tells him more about the day when Nagisa nearly died. Akio carried Nagisa to the meadow and prayed for her life, and Nagisa miraculously regained consciousness. Akio tells Tomoya that while many painful and difficult things will happen, he and Sanae will always be there for Tomoya and Nagisa since they are family. Nagisa and Tomoya take a walk by the river and decide on the name Ushio for their child.
- Akio finishes telling Tomoya the story of Nagisa's near-death experience.
- Tomoya and Nagisa decide to name their child Ushio.
- This episode's ending foreshadows the ending of the following episode.
- Although unsaid, Tomoya was referring to Nagisa getting an abortion.
- Starting with this episode, Tomoya and Nagisa switch the roles of strong and weak.